FAQs for Traveling Cannabis Users

If you’re coming to Washington to enjoy our glorious Summers and legal cannabis, its best to know the basics to keep you out of trouble. Not everyone keeps up with the laws, so brush up before you spark up.

Where Can I Use Cannabis?

Never light up in or outside of a pot shop. Cannabis should only be used on private residences, with the owner’s permission of course. Much like tobacco, you can’t smoke cannabis inside of hotel rooms either.

Public use is situational, even though legally all public use is illegal. Smoking joints in the middle of a crowded sidewalk is frowned upon, mostly because it’s rude.

But if you’re in a secluded section of a beach or at a large public event like Seafair where you’re bound to find groups of people puffing on ganja, it’s going to be fine. Just use common sense with this one.

Who Can Legally Buy Cannabis?

Adults who are age 21 and over and who possess legal picture identification.

What Counts As Legal Identification?

A valid state driver’s license. Some stores also take military ID’s and passports, but that is up to each store’s discretion. If you’re coming from out of state, be sure to call and make sure they accept the type of ID you have.

99 percent of stores don’t accept vertical ID’s and will only accept paper ID’s if you have a second valid ID.

What Are Legal Cannabis Businesses?

Businesses that follow all of the rules and regulations set forth by the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board.

Where Can Legal Cannabis Businesses Be Located?

Cannabis businesses are subject to strict zoning laws and are kept safe distances from” elementary or secondary school, playground, recreation center or facility, child care center, public park, public transit center, library or game arcade that allows minors to enter,” per sea.gov.

What Cannabis Informational Resources Are Available?

Publications like Leafly, Respect My Region, Weedmaps, Marijuana Business Daily do a great job of distributing education, information, news, and entertainment dealing with the cannabis industry.

The Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Control Board has a lot of technical information regarding more of the laws and regulations.

Can I Return Cannabis Purchases?

With the exception of vape cartridges, all cannabis product sales are final.

The Joint is a retail marijuana chain of stores with 8 locations.  We serve premium legal marijuana to everyone 21 and over in Washington state.  Our staff is knowledgeable and has created a friendly and comfortable environment for our retail consumers.  We have one of the largest selections of premium cannabis strains, concentrates, edibles, drinks, tinctures, topicals, and accessories!

Adults 21 and over can purchase up to one ounce of usable cannabis flower, 16 ounces of cannabis-infused edibles in solid form, 72 ounces of cannabis drinkables, and 7 grams of cannabis concentrates.

If you’re a registered medical cannabis patient, the limits are:

Three ounces of usable cannabis flower, forty-eight ounces of cannabis-infused edibles in solid form, two hundred sixteen ounces of cannabis drinkables, and twenty-one grams of cannabis concentrates, per the Washington State Department of Health.